Sunday, March 25, 2012

Illness strikes again.....

Well another week of study has begun in the Stalker household and right on cue darling Master E has fallen ill. :(
Monday is my day to spend printing out readings for the week and writing a list of what is required for each subject, lectures, readings and discussion posts. If time permits I will get a lecture out of the way and start on the subject that looks to have the least amount of content for the week. I have achieved that so far so am happy with my progress considering.

As mentioned Master E is sick. Started with a high temp and generally miserable with a yucky cough. The temp has gone and I have been left with a child that has a constant tickle in his throat which has resulted in sleepless nights for both him and I. After so many remedies (none of which worked) Mr Stalker came to the rescue today by coming home with Ventolin (which is available without a prescription and only $5). Thank God! Maybe we will get somewhere now. He is currently dozing on the couch next to me, a regular thing the last couple of days. Master J on the other hand has commandeered my iPhone and is watching Peppa Pig on YouTube. Peaceful child one side, noisy on the other!

So with Master E sick, Master J will be heading to care all alone tomorrow. Study will still be my priority but tending to my little man will no doubt provide enough of a distraction. I fell behind with study last week got the lectures out of the way and had the best of intentions to return to the readings but didn't make it. A 6 hour working day on Saturday from 10am to 4pm was perfectly timed so that nothing really productive could be done before or after. Six day working weeks have also left me drained and uninterested when I get home after 9.30pm of a night. Bless my darling husband for giving me a sleep in on Sunday, because as he put it "you've been working heaps lately" don't let that sweet comment fool you, the next morning I told him how sweet it was for him to think of me and consider how tired I was. His reply then was "You have been working heaps lately, I have too I just don't whinge about it" Ding! Ding! Ding! There it is folks a thoughtful comment cut down by a cheap shot, ha ha ha he will keep ;)  Only working 5 days this week but with two of them being 10.30pm finishes I am already dreading it.

The bonus to come this week is I have the weekend off and we will be dropping the kids to my parents for the night on Saturday to go out and celebrate our First Wedding Anniversary. One year already. I still remember the rainy miserable (weather wise) day we got married. It was bad weather the whole time we were on Daydream Island, but a memorable time away with our family and friends. Many memories and friendships made. I would love to relive that day over again, we had a blast! So we are heading to dinner at Rockwall Bar and Grill and I have been waiting to try the food at this place for ages. Extremely excited for a night out with my hubby and without the children and a sleep in for us both. Let's just hope that Master E is better before then, he is excited to be staying at Nanny and Poppy's and is already planning what is going to pack. Told me he is having pancakes for breakfast and nuggets for tea (just for something different).

Work awaits me and study tomorrow. Must stay abreast of it all so that I can enjoy a break over Easter for Uni's mid semester break!

No comments:

Post a Comment